Nuffnang ads

Thursday, January 20, 2011

In sickness and in health....

Yes, today's post is about our commitment to fitness and our bodies.

Fitness to me is like a marriage. On some days, I look at my exercise log and I go "UGH you again...." and on some days, I'm happy to pick it up and just start on my workouts.

So yes, we know that exercise is good for us. But that is just part of the story.

The break down uses the 20/80 rule. 20% training, 80% diet. BUT dieting without training leads you to muscle loss and not losing fat optimally (aka not raising but in fact, decreasing your metabolism, which kickstarts the whole fucked up yoyo dieting process, which also destroys you and you say "FUCK. Nothing works on me. I'm doomed.")

Question is: DO I EXERCISE WHEN I AM ILL???????

Short answer: No. Let your body rest. You are under enough stress due to fighting those pathogens and you want your body to go through more stress trying to build muscle? No thanks. (Btw all forms of exercise do induce some muscle tear.)

Long answer: If you're down and out with a fever, congested nose etc, then NO exercise is not reccomended. If it's just a slight sore throat, go ahead, but stop when you don't feel too good (e.g. dizziness)

Rule of thumb: Don't exercise if you know you cannot get oxygen into your system properly.

Of course, workout using common sense. If you are down and out with a leg sprain, don't be a genius and do squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment