Nuffnang ads

Saturday, January 22, 2011

One size fits all?

Workouts are not a one size fits all routine. What may work for me may not work for you. Thus, this blog post is about NOT following workout routines BLINDLY.


credits to: http://kittenwear.blogspot.com

Sure, if you have never exercised in your life, following almost any exercise routine (most people refer to popular fitness magazines like SHAPE and Men's/Women's health) would be fine.



However, you need to understand that those workouts are "run of the mill" kind of routines. 12 to 15 reps may work for your friend, but to get toned, you may need a 8 to 10 rep routine.



For myself, I just recently realised that from all the trials and errors I have made, my body reacts best to higher reps (12-20 reps) for upper body and medium amount of reps (8-10 reps) for my lower body.



I also knew that my lower body reacts well to almost any workout I throw at it but my upper body needs more work and trials to perfect the formula.



So, keeping fit and looking good is not something that comes naturally. Under every smile and pose of a successful fitness model, is the sweat, blood and tears they went through to perfect their bodies for that photoshoot.







Credits to t-nation and Amber Elizabeth
So, treat your body not like a math problem, but a sculpture you need to take care and work on for the rest of your life.
Looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing someone sexy is probably the best way to start your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment