Nuffnang ads

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sneaky Sneaky

Hi all.

I am STILL down from the flu, it has been officially 9 days into the flu virus and I am still having coughing fits. UGH.

Anyway, I was having serious withdrawal symptoms from exercise and consuming my favourite protein sources. I'm still not eating so much nuts nor am I drinking my protein shakes ('cause they are super heaty), but today...........I sneaked in a workout.

I know, some of you may think I'm crazy. Why would I want to put myself through such torture? Because, just like how tough it was to give up junk food/ withdrawing from junk for 5-6 days a week, exercise has become a habit to me. So, quitting a habit is naturally tough, even if it's for a few days. A break from sickness is like denying me from what I enjoy doing. But the worst was after my operation last year, but that is another story for another time. =)

I know I said don't workout when ill, but I was feeling very very fidgety. Thus, this was the routine I did for about 8 minutes. This is called high intensity interval training (HIIT).
If you want a simple workout, start with this. This MAY kill and it shoots your metabolism up sky high. So it is best to do this workout in the mornings than in the evenings, but do a workout when you can. It will benefit you in the end. (


40 Squats
40 Bent Over Rows (2.5kg per hand)
Rest (10 seconds)
40 Lunges (20 per leg)
40 Reverse Flyes (2.5kg per hand)
Rest (10 seconds)
20 Squats
20 Bent Over Rows (2.5kg per hand)
Rest (10 seconds)
20 Lunges (10 per leg)
20 Reverse Flyes (2.5 kg per hand)


For reverse flyes and rows, remember to SQUEEZE right at the top.

Am still coughing away while I type this entry, but so damn worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment