Nuffnang ads

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gym time.


In Singapore, we have community center gyms. Basically a well equipped gym that allows people to use it on a per entry basis for a small fee. I paid $4 for a peak hour rate at Bt Panjang CC gym. Remind me to go at off peak hours next time 'cause crowds can mean more stress to think about which exercise to do next if you can't do the exercises you have planned.


However, I did like the service and how they didn't charge extra for using the locker. The staff were friendly and helpful, even when I thought I lost my locker key. =\

They had all the machines I liked (e.g. leg press and lat pull down) and others which I am not familiar with.
I'm only back to leg pressing 42kgs. Will definitely be increasing that next week! My gym days are for training legs and back, which are major muscles and I would LOVE to see them get bigger and more defined. Because bigger, shapely legs and back = small waist!

I would recommend going to one of these community club gyms once a week for a good strength workout if possible, as sometimes, lifting heavy and actually exercising in front of people helps you push yourself harder and you'd be surprised at how strong you really are!

Will be going back on a weekly basis. This time at off peak hours.

Today's fitness challenge by Jillian Michaels: 100 push ups. (DONE!) 
I did it in 4 phases of 25 push ups per phase. Very refreshing each time I did each phase. Pumped up the muscles and took in more oxygen. These bursts of activity and oxygen intake really rejuvenated the body.


For low-cost personal training services and other enquires, please feel free to email me at ophelia.rei@gmail.com!

2 comments:

  1. say. am a employment pass holder.
    can i go to those community gym?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Richard: Yes, you can use it too =)

    ReplyDelete