Nuffnang ads

Monday, May 23, 2011

WOD- Workout of the day

I enjoy switching up my training routines until I feel very bored or I don't see much results. For the time being, I'm doing WODs- "workout of the day"s.


I LOVE THEM.


It's a daily exercise routine that are:
1. Intense
2. Of moderate resistance
3. Fast



They last about 10 to 20 minutes each, on average. Give or take some outliers.

I'm basically combining the efficiency of a Bodyrock.tv workout with a heavier, more crossfit type of workout. WOD are usually associated with crossfit. I started this last week due to me missing heavy gym workouts due to my period (bleh). Thus, I did some research and got together a more "period- friendly" workout that will still kick my butt. I started doing them and in a matter of DAYS, I could see more muscle and my body getting super lean! Woot!

Most of us do not have crossfit equipment, even with out mini home gym. That's why in most of my WOD, I will incorporate a lot of resistance exercises (e.g. bent over rows, push ups, weighted crunches, military presses etc) and my 100s. By using resistance, we accelerate muscle growth, cardio and power.

Power is the main thing we lose as we age, but we can grab hold of as much as we can if we keep our fitness tip top!

Thus, a sample of my WOD is:
100 push ups
100 crunches
100 side lunges


For low-cost personal training services and other enquires, please feel free to email me at ophelia.rei@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment