Nuffnang ads

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Interval Set Training: Carve out those sexy abs.

Abdominals. 
Abs. 

The body part that every guy and girl wants to show off. Be it a flat tummy or 4 or 6 pack.

What makes having abs so sexy?


Abs sex appeal
1. It means you have low body fat!
2. You can walk around in a bikini with no fear.
3. You can wear skin tight clothes with no fear of muffin tops.
4. You have great core muscles.
5. Almost lick-able.

Questions I usually get concerning abs:
How much body fat should I have to be able to get my abs to show?
15% body fat for visible abs.
Can I do 100 crunches a day to get visible abs?
No. You'll just build up the ab muscles but if you're not burning away fat, you'll never see your abs.
Why is it that my waist gets THICKER after doing so much ab work?
Because you are doing too much ab work!
Look at Britney Spears in her video "3". She does 1000 crunches a day, thus causing her waist to be so thick.
Abs are just like any other muscle, work them out but not too much. Then you get a lean, overall tone.
Then what workouts are good for carving out and give good definition for my abs?
Plank and boat pose

Today's workout (I'm focusing on core, which helps your posture and abs)
Each exercise is 45 secs, complete 3 rounds of the circuit.

1. Leg lifts (15-20 reps)
2. Superman (hold for full 45 secs)
3. V-ups (15 - 20 reps)
4. Hyper-extensions (15- 20 reps)
5. Rest


Leg lifts- Replace bench with exercise mat or sofa

Superman

V-ups


Hyper-extensions


This should be a rather relaxing workout as compared to the previous 3. 
I will be doing all 4 interval set training exercises for next week but I will be increasing the weight load. 


Check back for more updates on nutrition and exercises for you!










1 comment: