Nuffnang ads

Friday, March 18, 2011

Interval Set Training

What is this? 
Interval set training involves HIGH BURST of energy to do work and a period of short rests.

Why I should do this?
It burns fat and builds strength. Thus creating a TONED look. Since we are concentrating on upper body today, we will be working our arms, shoulders, chest. Break out your tank tops ladies! This is gonna help you sculpt a wonderful upper body.



The Workout:
6 to 12 repetitions. (Remember! Higher reps, more fat around your muscle is being burned)
3 sets per exercise (E.g. Push ups--> 6-12 repetitions [This takes 1-3 minutes]. Repeat 3 times)
3 minutes per set (1 min minimum to complete 6 to 12 reps, rest till 3 minutes is up if you finish early)
*Note: Shorten to 1-2 min per set if you want. This exercise is meant to be quick and fast. 


1. Elevated Push ups (or normal push ups)  6-12 reps x 3 sets
2. Military Press (Use 1 can of soup of 1 "500ml" water bottle per arm) 6-12 reps x 3 sets 
3. Close push ups  6-12 reps x 3 sets
4. Dips 6-12 reps x 3 sets






Push Ups (Modified)--> Use this if normal push ups are too tough










Military Press (You can stand and do this, no exercise ball required)


















Close Push Ups















Dips






































P.S: Being a "genius" as usual, I cut down my interval time to 45seconds per exercise set with 45s rest at the end of the 4 exercises ( I did a circuit. So all 4 exercises non stop, down the list).
(*caution: DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE NEW TO WORKING OUT/ CAN'T DO 1 PROPER PUSH UP)

I used the above workout but for:
1.Military presses, I used 6kg dumb bells per hand (Hello this killed me)
2. Push ups, I propped my legs up onto a chair
Elevated Push ups
















3. Dips, I propped my legs on a chair
Advanced Dips

No comments:

Post a Comment