Nuffnang ads

Monday, March 21, 2011

Interval Set Training: Legs that were meant for daisy dukes!

Ah...Daisy dukes. Something either women want to wear but tend to wear them wrongly OR just find them hideous as they show off too much. I find them great, because it shows off all my hard work I've done for the past few years, working out. If you worked hard for it, flaunt it!


I used to wear baggy jeans to hide my less than sexy legs. All I had were 2 sticks.

An example of stick legs.

Today's workout will show you how to get sexy sexy toned legs that you'll want to put shorts on to flaunt them!
The work out:
6 to 12 reps (slowly), 3 circuits, 1 minute per exercise per circuit.
1. Split squat + hold for 3s
2. Side lunges + hold for 3s
3. Jump squats
4. 1-legged Deadlifts 
(*Remember, the main thing to feel is the stretch behind your thighs, Back straight then bend only from your hips.)
5. Rest
Repeat this circuit 3 times.

Modified (for myself/more advanced exercisers)
10 to 20 reps (slowly), 3 circuits, 45 seconds per exercise per circuit.
1. Split squat + hold for 3s (4.5kg dumb bell per hand)
2. Side lunges _ hold for 3s (4.5kg dumb bell per hand)
3. Jump squats
4. Deadlifts (15 kg on a barbell)
5. Rest
Repeat this circuit 3 times

Split Squats (Model: Jamie Eason)

Side Lunges


Jump Squats



Bodyweight 1-legged Deadlift


Why are we doing deadlifts and squats (my past workouts are full of deadlifts and squats)? THIS is the reason why.

No comments:

Post a Comment